Hilton Unveils ‘Tempo by Hilton’ - An Elevated and Approachable Lifestyle Brand Offering Thoughtful Design, Efficient Service and Exciting Partnerships
Tempo by Hilton launches with 30 hotels under development and 30 more pending deals
January 17, 2020 // Franchising.com // MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today launches Tempo by Hilton, an approachable lifestyle brand curated to serve a growing segment of “modern achievers” who seek a hotel experience that reflects their ambition. By combining thoughtful design and diverse lifestyle partnerships, Tempo by Hilton provides hotel owners and developers with a highly scalable brand that is both uplifting and within reach for future guests - all powered by an efficient service model.
“For more than 100 years, Hilton has pioneered the hospitality industry as we know it,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president & CEO, Hilton. “Tempo by Hilton is the latest example of our unique ability to anticipate what our guests are looking for and deliver unmatched value for customers and owners alike. We’re thrilled to welcome this new brand to our Hilton family and look forward to building on our legacy of innovation with Tempo by Hilton.”
As part of its commitment to helping guests live better lives, Tempo by Hilton has established and built upon partnerships with leading experts across the well-being, food and beverage and other lifestyle spheres. The experts on board include Arianna Huffington’s renowned behavior change platform, Thrive Global and established culinary firm, Blau + Associates. These organizations bring a sense of discovery to the brand, while empowering guests to continue prioritizing well-being and personal growth even while traveling.
“Tempo by Hilton introduces a new concept by combining all the benefits and efficiencies owners expect from a limited service model with an uplifting dose of inspiration,” said Phil Cordell, SVP and global head of new brand development, Hilton. “Utilizing a data-driven blueprint, we identified lifestyle offerings inside the guest rooms and throughout the property that push the entire sector to new heights. The end result is a compelling, yet approachable brand that enables owners to expand their portfolios in sought-after locations across the country as well as capture a new demographic of travelers.”
Guided by its various lifestyle partnerships, as well as exhaustive market research surveying more than 10,000 consumers, each Tempo by Hilton property will feature elements designed to help ambitious guests continue their journey without disrupting their routine. These signature elements include:
- Reinvigorating and Relaxing Guest Rooms: More than rooms, Tempo by Hilton accommodations serve as a refuge where modern travelers are reinvigorated for the day ahead. In-room experiences include the one-of-a-kind Power Up and Power Down collections; curated assortments of morning and bedtime rituals created in partnership with Thrive Global; as well as other unexpected touches, such as a finely tuned sleep environment and a dedicated Get Ready Zone with space to get ready, organize for the day and focus on work. In addition, the oversized bath suite, which includes mirrors with built-in Bluetooth speakers, is spacious, bright and invigorating to help guests recharge and renew.
- Shared Spaces and Amenities Designed to Inspire: Envisioned as catalysts for genuine, memorable experiences, all Tempo by Hilton public areas and amenities bring a fresh approach to industry mainstays. These include art and design collections specifically chosen to encourage guests to look up from their daily grind and take a moment for themselves. Guests will also enjoy state-of-the-art fitness offerings; flexible meeting spaces, which can be easily reserved by guests on the go; as well as more informal areas perfect for collaborating with teammates or concentrating on individual tasks.
- Culinary Journeys: Developed alongside the award-winning Blau + Associates, Tempo by Hilton’s food and beverage offerings ensure guests have access to everything they need to sustain energy and boost focus. The in-lobby Fuel Bar, a complimentary coffee and tea bar, offers a hand-selected assortment of premium coffees and teas, along with various benefit-driven mix-ins. Additional hearty and healthy options, including artisanal smoothies and other breakfast favorites, are available at the casual cafe. At the bar, spirited and non-spirited craft cocktails and small plates round out the concept’s culinary program. Additionally, Blau + Associates will collaborate with Hilton to form a Chef Collective, an advisory board of young up-and-coming chefs who will help curate seasonal menus.
- Sustainability: Tempo by Hilton aligns with Hilton’s Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals to double its investment in social impact and cut its environmental footprint in half. To that end, this new brand is committed to implementing sustainable practices throughout the guest experience. Examples of specific initiatives include LightStay, food waste programs, responsible seafood sourcing, hydration stations throughout the property to replace single-use plastic bottles and full-size bath amenity dispensers to reduce disposable plastics.
“Through our research, we found that while our current upscale offerings have been incredibly successful at earning loyalty among specific guest segments, there was a rising demographic of ambitious and highly discerning travelers that weren’t engaging with the category,” said Jon Witter, chief customer officer, Hilton. “With Tempo by Hilton, we are able to reach these influential consumers through a new, elevated yet approachable class of hotels designed to surpass expectations of both customers and owners in truly meaningful ways.”
Conceived with extensive input from leading hotel owners and investors around the country, the new brand has seen strong momentum ahead of its unveiling. There are more than 30 individual commitments to date with properties confirmed in several prime markets across the US, including New York, Maui, Boston, Los Angeles, Lexington, Nashville, San Diego, Charlotte, Washington D.C., Houston, Atlanta, and more. An additional 30 deals are in various stages of development.
All guests will enjoy the benefits of Hilton Honors, Hilton’s award-winning guest loyalty program for the company’s distinct portfolio of brands. Members who book directly with Hilton have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of points and money to book a stay, exclusive member discounts, free standard Wi-Fi and the Hilton Honors mobile app.
Tempo by Hilton is the latest brand created by Hilton to address the future of travel. Other recently launched brands include Motto by Hilton - an affordable, lifestyle micro-hotel with a communal vibe in prime urban destinations - and Signia Hilton - the portfolio’s premiere meetings and events brand. For more information on Tempo by Hilton or other Hilton offerings, please visit www.tempobyhilton.com.
For more information on Tempo by Hilton’s amenities and signature offerings: https://newsroom.hilton.com/assets/HWW/images/newsroom/2020/Q1/Tempo-by-Hilton/Tempo-Addendum.pdf.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising nearly 6,000 properties with more than 954,000 rooms, in 117 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 100 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Tempo by Hilton
Tempo by Hilton is a new approachable lifestyle hotel brand dedicated to exceeding the expectations of the ambitious, modern traveler. Pioneering a new hospitality category, Tempo by Hilton offers accommodations thoughtfully designed to help guests relax and recharge; inspiring public spaces, including an open lobby concept with dedicated spaces to relax, work and dine; as well as premium culinary options co-developed with the award-winning Blau + Associates, including the brand’s signature coffee & tea fuel bar, a casual breakfast Cafe and an inviting bar experience. Created to serve a rising class of highly discerning guests committed to personal growth and development, Tempo by Hilton amenities include well-being offerings curated by Thrive Global, state-of-the-art fitness facilities/programs, flexible meeting and working spaces and more. For more information, please visit www.tempobyhilton.com.
About Travel With Purpose
Travel with Purpose is Hilton’s corporate responsibility strategy to redefine and advance sustainable travel globally. By 2030, we plan to double our social impact investment and cut our environmental footprint by half. We track, analyze and report our environmental and social impact at each of Hilton’s nearly 6,000 hotels through LightStay, our award-winning performance measurement system. Travel with Purpose capitalizes on Hilton’s global scale to catalyze local economic growth; promote human rights; invest in people and local communities; and preserve our planet by reducing our impact on natural resources. Our strategy aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Visit cr.hilton.com to learn more.
About Elizabeth Blau
With an impressive career spanning more than three decades, Elizabeth Blau is the founder and CEO of renowned restaurant and hospitality development company Blau + Associates and has led the way in transforming Las Vegas into the world-class culinary destination it is today. Elizabeth has been honored as a James Beard Award Nominee and has appeared as a judge on Food Network’s “Iron Chef America,” is an annual judge for Hotel Magazine’s best restaurants and has been featured on the Travel Channel and the “Martha Stewart Show.” She was also one of three investors on CNBC’s “Restaurant Startup” alongside Tim Love and Joe Bastianich. Together with husband Chef Kim Canteenwalla, Elizabeth owns and operates a variety of restaurants in Las Vegas and beyond including Honey Salt, Buddy V’s Ristorante in partnership with “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, and some of the most beloved restaurants in Vancouver including BC Kitchen, MRKT EAST, D/6 Bar & Lounge, The Victor, and the second location of Honey Salt. In 2017, Elizabeth published her first cookbook, the innovative Honey Salt Food & Drink: A Culinary Scrapbook. Introducing a new genre of cookbook, the unique compilation takes readers on a culinary journey through nearly 300 pages of personal stories, expert tips, and globally inspired recipes.
About Thrive Global
Thrive Global is the leading global behavior change tech company helping individuals and corporations unlock human potential, ultimately ending the stress and burnout epidemic. Thrive Global was founded by Arianna Huffington in August 2016. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Athens, Mumbai and Melbourne. For more information, visit www.thriveglobal.com.
Director, Brand Public Relations Hilton
+1 703 883 5826
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances