Radisson Blu Celebrates A Decade As The Largest Upper Upscale Brand In Europe While The Group Confirms 16 New Signings In EMEA In Q1
May 07, 2021 // Franchising.com // Brussels - Radisson Hotel Group celebrates Radisson Blu’s reconfirmed position as the largest upper upscale brand in Europe for the past decade and continues its successful portfolio growth in EMEA with over 2,000 rooms and 16 signings added to the Group’s portfolio in Q1.
In a year of historic challenges, Radisson Hotel Group has remained actively committed to its five-year development plan to be recognized as one of the top hotel brands in the world and the brand of choice for owners, guests, and talent and has continued building on its strong momentum of new openings and signings in 2020 with the addition 16 properties and over 2,000 rooms to its EMEA portfolio in Q1 2021.
The new signings mark key milestone announcements including:
- Successful growth of our newest brand Radisson Individuals with 6 new signings in Austria, Bulgaria, Serbia, and Africa.
- Addition of Albania’s first Radisson Collection property, Radisson Collection Morina Hotel, Tirana
- Three new Radisson Blu hotels in Turkey, Albania and Zambia, the latter with the landmark Radisson Blu Resort Mosi-oa-Tunya Livingstone, Zambia close to the Victoria Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Two Radisson RED hotels coming to Radisson RED Gatwick Airport (UK) and Radisson RED Helsinki (Finland)
- Continued expansion of the Radisson Hotel segment with the signing of four new properties and entry into two new countries, Andorra and Montenegro, as well as Budapest and Istanbul
Elie Younes, Executive Vice President & Chief Development Officer EMEA, said: “As we rebuild after a challenging 2020, Radisson Hotel Group, together with our business partners, has managed to continue growth into 2021. Thanks to the passion of our people and the trust of our owners, we are delighted to celebrate 10 consecutive years for our flagship Radisson Blu brand as the largest upper upscale brand in Europe*, to be enjoyed in over 280 hotels across EMEA.”
Radisson Hotel Group’s top priority is the continued health, safety and security of its guests, team members, and business partners. The Group applies its Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol created in collaboration with SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, and recently unveiled its new comprehensive testing program as the first hotel group to roll out a rapid testing service for meeting and event attendees at properties across its EMEA portfolio.
SOURCE Radisson Hotel Group
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business