Panera Bread Opens First Next-Generation Bakery-Cafe In Ballwin, MO
November 23, 2021 // Franchising.com // ST. LOUIS - Panera today opened the first bakery-cafe featuring its next-generation restaurant design in Ballwin, MO. As the brand that introduced fast casual to the industry, Panera is redefining its experience to serve today’s guest in an increasingly off-premise world. The new restaurant design features a modern and revitalized dine-in experience around its signature fireplace coupled with enhanced digital, personalized options, and dual drive-thru access.
“Our new bakery-cafe is designed with the best of what makes Panera unique - a warm, inviting environment that delights our guests, and the smell of freshly baked bread coupled with techenabled convenience,” said Eduardo Luz, Chief Brand & Concept Officer, Panera Bread. “We’re proud to launch this new design just outside of our hometown of St. Louis; in fact, we couldn’t think of a better place to showcase our vision for the future than the place where we started.”
The Panera next-generation bakery-café features the following main updates:
- Craft Bakery Experience - Each night and day, bakers in every Panera bake bread and bakery items fresh. Now, Panera is moving the bakery-cafe ovens to be in full view of the guests, so they can fully immerse themselves in the experience of baking happening throughout the day.
- Dual-drive thru with dedicated Rapid Pick-Up® lane - The new concept features a double-lane drive thru, with one lane specifically for the brand’s signature Rapid Pick-Up service.
- Enhanced Digital Experience - Already a leader in the digital guest experience, the new Panera concept will feature new digital innovations including contactless dine-in and delivery, updated ordering kiosks; automatic loyalty identification, and a fully digitized menu both in-cafe and in drive-thru.
- Contactless Ordering - This new service will allow guests who choose a fully contactless experience to easily order their meal from their own phone for dine-in, Rapid Pick-up, drive-thru or delivery. Once the order is made, guests are notified via mobile notifications when their food is ready, minimalizing interaction with cashiers, kiosks, paper receipts or pagers.
- Refreshed Brand Identity - The next generation bakery introduces an updated Panera Bread logo and brand identity. The refreshed Panera “Mother Bread” logo is a nod to Panera Bread’s more than 30-year-old sourdough starter from which all of its sourdough bread is still made today.
- Intuitive Guest Journey - Guest convenience is one of the highest priorities of the new design, from deploying clear and concise wayfinding on the exterior of the cafe to refining how the guest routes through the cafe after entering the front door, to optimizing the ordering and pick-up experience.
“We undertook the development of the next generation Panera bakery-cafe with a relentless focus on guest experience,” said Rob Sopkin, SVP, Chief Development Officer, Panera Bread. “Every step of the guest journey was scrutinized to find ways to make it more intuitive and convenient, and the result represents the very best of our design and development teams that we are proud to open today.”
SOURCE Panera Bread
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business