Maaco Honors Veterans Within the Network
November 14, 2022 // Franchising.com // CHARLOTTE, NC - With Veterans Day quickly approaching, Maaco is taking the time to salute those who have served our country within its network. Several of these team members have not only served, but also helped raised funds year after year to be donated to Operation Homefront, a national non-profit delivering relief and family support to our military families.
“We are proud to honor the countless veterans who are a part of the Maaco family, whether it’s an owner, an employee of a franchisee or a corporate colleague,” said Daryl Hurst, chief operating officer, Maaco. “We make it a priority to work with organizations who support active military members, veterans, and their families as this is a cause that is very near and dear to our hearts.”
Maaco joined the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) program in 2021. MSEP connects military spouses with hundreds of partner employers who commit to recruit, hire, promote and retain military spouses. Since its inception in 2011, MSEP employers have hired more than 200,000 military spouses.
In addition to supporting programs that help those that serve, we also are proud to highlight veterans who are a part of our franchise family.
- Jeff Nichols, owner of Maaco Lynchburg, VA, served in the U.S. Army as a field artillery forward observer for 1st 246th Field Artillery 29th Infantry Division. He was deployed with NATO to the Bosnian war Operation Joint Endeavor/Operation Joint Guard and part of a multinational force during the transition from IFOR into SFOR. Now, he uses his experiences and background to strategically run his business to meet success.
- Israel Muriel, owner of Maaco Lauderhill, FL, served as a U.S. Marine. Israel exemplifies characteristics of a US marine, like decisiveness, knowledge, and enthusiasm, in running his facility. Day in and day out he is consistently working to perfect his operations and encourage his team to learn more in order to grow and succeed.
- Owner of Maaco Spokane, WA, Mike Phillips served as a Petty Officer Second Class in the Navy for four years and completed two tours. Now, he is an incredible owner committed to the success and growth of not only his business, but also his team. His time in the military helped develop his leadership and technical skills, which he has enhanced in his time owning his shop.
- William McCollim, owner of Maaco Jacksonville, FL, is U.S. Army Veteran. While serving in the army, he learned valuable skills that have helped him to build a trusting team, where each member works off of the next in order to get the job done.
- Jacob Nicholas is currently an estimator working for Maaco Layton, UT. He served in the U.S. Army and now brings his attention to detail, hard work ethic, and persistence to work every day. He is an inspiration to his team and has been able to teach those around him in order to increase the productivity of the team, in turn leading to the success of the shop.
- Jason Weaver, Maaco certifications manager, served in the U.S. Army for 18 years. He entered the military as a member of active duty in 2002. During this time, he became a two-time Iraq Combat Veteran with the 101st Airborne Division (2003-04 initial invasion and 2005-06) where he performed various different duties. After this, he left active duty and joined the Florida Army National Guard in 2007 before being transferred back to South Carolina in 2008. Jason attended many training courses and served in various roles in order to assist different facets within the army. Throughout the 18 years, Jason became a very decorated veteran, earning countless awards for his hard work and devotion to his job. Now, Jason uses his diverse background and knowledge to lead franchisees through the certification processes. His leadership skills and passion for his work allow the owners to achieve higher certifications, allowing their shop to grow and succeed.
“We are proud to celebrate the veterans who make up our Maaco family,” continued Hurst. “We are forever grateful for their sacrifice and can not thank them enough. Without their sacrifice, we would not have the Maaco business that has been established for 50 years. Their background has amplified their level of work ethic, making them all outstanding owners, estimators, etc. to our various Maaco facilities.”
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances