Jersey Mike’s Partners With Global Esports Organization Team Liquid For Upcoming Competitive Season
January 16, 2019 // Franchising.com // MANASQUAN, N.J. - Jersey Mike’s Subs is teaming up with Team Liquid, the leading international esports team, as a partner and sponsor for the 2019 competitive season.
Team Liquid, which competes across 16 distinct esports, will partner with Jersey Mike’s to create co-branded content with all of their top tier teams, as well as create unique rewards for fans.
“The esports industry is growing exponentially, and reaches an important younger demographic for Jersey Mike’s,” said Rich Hope, Chief Marketing Officer, Jersey Mike’s Franchise Systems, Inc. “The passion and authenticity of the Team Liquid players and their fans match well with our brand.”
The esports fan profile ranges from age 13-40, with 75 percent of those millennials.
Program elements include:
- Jersey Thursdays. The two brands will launch feature content from superstars across Team Liquid’s competitive lineup. Every first Thursday of the month, Team Liquid will give away one Team Liquid jersey and a $50 Jersey Mike’s gift card to fulfill a lucky fan’s sub sandwich craving.
- Jersey Mic’d. During practice, bootcamp, and select tournaments, Team Liquid will mic up their players to capture the realest moments in esports, available for fans to download.
- A Fan Above. This global search for Team Liquid’s biggest fan will comb fan sites and social media to find the most dedicated Team Liquid supporters, and invite finalists to compete for a grand prize - a chance to visit and tour Team Liquid’s training facility in Santa Monica, Calif., along with other perks.
- Subs for Dubs. Team Liquid and Jersey Mike’s will celebrate Team Liquid tournament wins by offering fans special discounts on sandwiches, meals and more.
“This is truly the best edition to our sub bench we’ve ever announced,” said Steve Arhancet, Co-CEO of Team Liquid. “We’re so excited to be part of this next step for Jersey Mike’s into esports, and can’t wait for a great 2019 season!”
About Jersey Mike’s
Jersey Mike’s, a fast-casual sub sandwich franchise with more than 2,000 locations open and in development nationwide, believes that making a sub sandwich and making a difference can be one and the same. Jersey Mike’s offers A Sub Above®, serving authentic fresh sliced subs on freshly baked bread - the same recipe it started with in 1956 - and is passionate about giving back to its local communities. For more information, please visit www.jerseymikes.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/jerseymikes) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/jerseymikes).
About Team Liquid
Team Liquid was founded in 2000 as a clan on the gaming platform Battle.net, and has now evolved into one of the leading international multigame esports teams with training centers in Utrecht, The Netherlands, Sao Paulo, Brazil and Los Angeles, California. Team Liquid has over 65 athletes competing across 16 distinct games, including all major esports titles, such as DOTA 2, League of Legends, CS:GO, Fortnite, PUBG and more. Led by Co-CEOs Steve Arhancet and Victor Goossens, Team Liquid is one of the most successful esports teams in the Western market in terms of competitive achievement and fan engagement across multiple sports.
Splash Communications, LLC
O: (603) 893-1707
SOURCE Jersey Mike’s
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business